Friday, January 26, 2007

Hand-dyed fabrics

This week's SBQ, suggested by Danielle, was:

What company produces your favorite hand-dyed fabric? Are there any companies whose hand-dyed fabric you do not like? If so, why?

The permalink to this post is:
http://blondelibrarian.net/stitching/archives/2007/01/favorite-fabric/

Welllllll, since just last night I got a box in :) My favorite hand-dyes are Wichelt's jobelans like African Violet (which is really yellow), Watercress, and my special favorite, Summer Sky:
Wichelt hand-dyed jobelan -- Summer Sky
That's Summer Sky. Isn't it wonderful??? :)

I also like Crossed Wing's Starry Night, Woodland, Whispering Pines, oh heck, I like all of theirs! See them at: http://www.crossedwing.com/fabrics/index.html#

As for dislikes---actually I'd say that it's not that I dislike them, but rather that I have a healthy suspicion of them since I've had bad luck with the pictures not being *anything* like the actual product I receive --- Silkweaver's and Picture This Plus.

No comments: