Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Do not stay up until 2am....

.... just to finish an ornament. The rush from the accomplishment is just not worth it.

But I did -- stay up until 2am to finish the sheep.
2_5_2008 115
I would like to point out to those of you doing a quick comparison between yesterday's post of the sheep in progress and today's of the sheep completed and are now wondering exactly why I had to stay up until 2am to finish, I did mention I was a very slow stitcher. lol Actually I am slow, but not that bad. I didn't get home from work and work errands until after 10pm then I was so tired I just kinda sat and stared at the TV. I even failed at my usual ritual of watching Perry Mason nightly. Now that's tired! Somewhere around midnight I decided (no doubt in a sleep-deprived haze) I simply had to finish the ornament. I just had to. Ever get like that? The back of your brain tapping persistently on the front of your brain trying to point out that your eyes are mostly closed and perchance this is a bad idea. Happens to me all the time. Regardless, I finished the sheep. Woo hoo!!! That was about 1am. Then it took me til 1:20ish to get everything out of the way so I could use the bed for sleeping rather than stitching. By then I had found the Iron Chef chocolate battle and I had to watch that. Not sure how much I saw through 1/2 open eyes.

Oh, for the record, there's nothing particular about the sheep, me, Kathryn, and/or fandom I don't suppose. I think they're kinds cute and stitch them at least once a year in Christmas ornies (and get lots of them as gifts-- smile). Apparently Kathryn has a sheep-stitching habit. Between the two of us I figure there is a decent shot that a sheep is always in process in fandom (science fiction fandom, that is). Just me being nutty. Nothing new there.

Well, I'm off for more office errands and to have curry. I'll raise some fish makhanwala (?sp) in your honor.

________
Finished today: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman -- I've read it before. I watched the BBC series it was based on. Now I've listened to the audio. It still never ceases to amaze.
Starting tonite..... who knows! Maybe I'll actually finish up Storm Front. lol

11 comments:

Kendra said...

I do that ALL the time...stay up late to stitch just one last section, or read just one last chapter of a book. It's terrible.

I like sheep, too...but I have yet to stitch any. We're planning on raising sheep - the real ones - some day, when we can acquire some more acreage behind our house. Gotta have room for 4-H and FFA projects for our girls! :-)

Sue said...

Your sheep is adorable. Staying up until 2AM though? There isn't much that keeps me up past my bedtime ;)

Mel said...

Hi PAL - the sheep is adorable, but I have to agree with "itching to stitch" - there's not much that keeps me up past my bedtime either. Although it sounds like you have a very hectic schedule some days (or is most??).

Thanks for your comment on my Earthdancer! I don't think I'll be looking at doing another anytime soon so just keep your's in it's wrapper nice and neat - LOL....

Chris said...

But he's such a cute sheep. Glad to see someone is stitching. Work has been so busy this week. By the time I get home after my usual "after work activities", I've been maybe staying up 45 minutes to an hour and then going to bed. So, no stitching till 1am or 2am for me yet this week. I haven't picked up a needle since Monday night. Sigh!

Love the sheep, he's adorable. Keep that needle flying.

Sharon said...

Your sheep is too cute! Congrats.

mainely stitching said...

There is a BBC version of Neverwhere??? Oh my gosh, I've got to find it! LOL!!

Stitch Wizard said...

Hi Ruth:

Your little sheep is just adorable and I love it!! Wow what a dedicated stitcher to stay up so late to finish it lol!!! Thank you for stopping into my blog and for your really nice comment! Without my Daylite magnifying lamp, I could never do this on black and still it isn't that easy to see but fun to stitch when I think I got the needle in the right places!! Please do come back and see my progress!! Debby :)

Kate said...

Cute finish! I love the little bell. :) You're lucky you can stay up that late and stay (semi-)coherent. Everytime I've stitched past about 11pm I've woken up the next morning and realsied I had to frog most of it. I'm not a nightowl! I'm a dawn bird. :)

Amy said...

Hey Ruthie, you NEED sleep? Who'da thunkit? I thought you could stay up late EVERY night & still be the perkiest Pal I've ever met? You are every October! ;-) Your sheep is adorable... maybe you should stitch more & sleep even less? LOL

Hugs my friend!!

Sonda said...

Goodness, I can't count the number of times I've stayed up way too late to get in "just a few more stitches". It's good to know I'm not the only guilty one! Nice finish!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yeah I wouldn't do that for an ornie, I do do it for large projects though!