Saturday, April 19, 2008

I have boxes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoopee! Boxes, boxes, boxes. A girl's best friend--- at least when she has stuff she needs to mail and no properly-sized boxes. It still doesn't get me the right to show you the pictures I really want to, but I'm pleased nonetheless.

Adding to my pleasure is the fact that since I finished my Fair and Square Round 6 squares for Mairi (pictures eventually), I was able to get back to my Halloween Fairy. Chris' finishing her Mirabilia Christmas Elf spurred me on to get back to work on the fairy.
4_18_2008 002
4_18_2008 007
I started working on her on the train this morning and between the train and after a "fine" dinner of Der Weinerschnitzel chili cheese dogs while watching an episode of Nero Wolfe (the Tim Hutton series) with a buddy, I got the wing bits done. I think the color changes are working well so far. The black edges are supposed to be in the same dark brown as is used in the dress-- well, that wouldn't do so I replaed that Crescent Color with Vikki Clayton's black silk. And I thought any self-respecting fairy would have a little sparkle for a night of trick or treating so I replace the teal and green Crescent Colors used for the spots with Kreinik (the teal) and Rainbow Gallery's Treasure Braid (the green). The metallics are much thicker than floss so I decided to do only half-crosses.

I'm hoping to get those wing edges done before I give up for the evening. We'll all have to cross our fingers on that since I want to get to bed relatively soon since I came home to go to the local Indian high school powwow tomorrow. I am looking forward to a full day of powwow songs, turquoise, and fry bread! Especially fry bread!!!!!! Trust me, if you've never had a fry bread taco, you just haven't lived. Yummers!!

Oh, for those of you encased in snow still allow me to share the joys of a blooming garden --
the Cecil Bruner rose is doing itself proud --
4_16_2008 041
4_16_2008 022
4_16_2008 026
And the aloe is blooming as well --
4_16_2008 035

*********
One of my Pals buddies, Lani, tagged me for an explain yourself quiz. So here goes....

Tagged by Lani
A) List seven habits/quirks/facts about yourself.
B) Tag seven people to do the same.
C) Do not tag the person who tagged you or tag "whoever wants to do it."

1. I love stitching, but I hate that it interferes with my reading.
2. I was "raised" by a white German Shepherd named Duke.
3. I was an avowed non-fan of modern art until I became completely entranced by Jenny Holzer's installation "For SAAM" at the Reynolds Center in DC last Christmas.
4. I humbly submit that there's nothing so wonderful as a soft cookie. Sure some folks might be deluded enough to like crispy cookies, but they just don't know the true beauty of a nice, soft cookie.
5. When people ask me what gift I want for some holiday I usually answer "world peace." It really annoys them. lol
6. My favorite toy when I was little was a stuffed horse that I carried everywhere. I tried riding it. I wore the fur off most of it. I even trimmed its mane when I learned that horses needed to be groomed. lol Somehow my steed's string mane never grew out again.
7. I seem to be addicted to Subway's tuna. No matter what I think I might order when I get in line, once they ask me what I want "tuna with everything and spinach and peppercinis" always comes out of my mouth.

Since the rules demand it, I'll tag: Janaina, Chris, Shelleen, Barbara, Kathryn, Sonda, and Kendra

Good night to all -- happy stitching!

12 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I love the pictures of your roses, but I am literally drooling at the thought of a chili cheese dog! They make a mean one at a little place on 191 heading toward Eastport and I always get one every time I'm home...

Janet said...

Oh, those flowers. Divine. I would sit there all day.

I'm with you on the soft cookie thing - I love them chewy rather than crunchy.

I also regularly experience the stitching/ reading conflict which sometimes stretches to stitching/movie conflict as on occasion I really want to see what's happening but don't want to miss out on stitching time either!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Urgh! Its still going to be awhile before I have flower pictures!!!

The wings look lovely!

Sue said...

Halloween Fairy looks great!! Thanks for the pics of the flowers, a sure sign that summer is coming ;)

Lani said...

Yummmy!!! Soft cookies are the best! Now if I could figure out how to get the cookies I make to stay soft. . .

Kendra said...

Oh yes...soft cookies are the best. When I make cookies at home, I always bake them at the shortest time in order to get them baked through, but to still have them soft. Yummy...now I want cookies!

Thanks for the tag...I'll get my answers posted in the next few days or so. I've had a busy week and am still wrapping some things up yet, so not much time to blog just yet...

Karen said...

well, i like crunchy cookies (maybe because that's how they turn out when i bake). LOL but i do love soft ones too, DD bakes better than i do.
The flowers are gorgeous. good progress on the fairy. hugs

Sandy said...

Great progress, love the flowers and thanks for the Anniversary wishes. :D

Barb said...

I love cookies period! I'm the cookie monster! I love the pictures of your Roses. Your Halloween Fairy is looking great.

Paisley said...

HF is looking great, I love your changes to the wings!

The best cookies for me are soft and warm, fresh out of the oven! Yummy!

Kate said...

I love the colour changes in the wings you made. You're totally right, no self-respecting fairy would ever go out with some sparkle in her wings!

This time of year ANZAC biscuits are everywhere. Traditionally they're hard as rocks, but I like them better soft! Not very patriotic of me, but much more delicious. :)

Cheryl said...

Beautiful pictures!!
Your fairy is coming along great. I really like this one :)