Thursday, June 30, 2016

So. Very. Tired.

I should be asleep.  Actually, I might be asleep and just not know it.   Maybe that's it -- I'm just dreaming of being a responsible blogger.

In my dream, O tell you about getting exhausted in a good way by wandering The Mall in D.C. enjoying the American Folklife Festival.  This year it featured the Basque heritage and the state of California.  Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but it's smaller than it used to be, and it almost seems these days like the states invited don't really put out much of an effort.  Sure, California is my home, but jeez what little bit they did was so boring.  There's a lot of culture, talent, and heritage in California, but the only craftsman working today was a mask carver from Mexico..... they couldn't even manage to scare up a single CALIFORNIA craftsman?????  Ok, done grousing.  The Basque side of the festival was fun and the weather was pretty near perfect so the whinging will cease.

Generally, these gentleman encased TIGHTLY in sheepskins do their bit in January-- I bet it's a lot more comfortable than in the height of summer.



I decided that how tight the bells are tied to them is only fair considering the years of corsets we women endured.


Lovely weavings were showcased--




I was particularly fond of the giant tea pot --- it's easily two feet across


And I loved the woman who for 40 years has been mending nets seaside--


In my stitching world the flag came out to play --- those stars take me FOREVER!   there is no reason they should, but they do.


This Celtic cross has not actually gotten stitched on while I've been here, but I'm hoping showing him will embarrass me in to working on him.  At the moment I am leaning to the overdyed Kreinik for the shamrocks.


I'm making good progress on my Kathy Schenkel piece....


My angel got her wings!   Yea!  She may only take me 6 years to finish.....


Before I thought to pull Think or the Celtic cross back out, I was "forced" to start this awesome plaid snowflake.  I got a who two dozen stitches in I think.  This is how I get myself in trouble with ta gigantic pile of UFOs



Ok, I believe my dream of finishing a blog post like a good person is coming to an end......   Any second now I'll roll over and wake up..........    nite nite.

************
Don't forget -- come on over and join the cozy mystery readathon in a couple weeks... just think, if even for only a couple hours, you could be part of an international community of people enjoying the bliss of reading :)

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on your numerous WIPs (and finish!)

I particularly like the sparkly pink in the border of the Think design.