Certainly my showing on my list of hopefulness for the weekend just past does not warrant a perky outlook on the week. But let's start with the sunshine --
Now you can see why I call the Vee and Co ornie pattern "big tree"--
Ethel got one of the three baskets I was hoping for-- this one in alpaca and velvet -- very upscale for dumping on the grass on the way to market, but I like how it turned out. Well, I like all but the rim, but I figure that will get covered over a lot when I put the greenery and flowers/fruit in.
And Ethel also got a decent amount of sky. I have committed to filling in all of the sky and stitching the clouds over the top in Whisper -- I think it will help with a more whispy, ethereal effect.
And look what arrived in the shop all shiny and new---- several locale ornies from Kirk and Bradley!
Thus far I have refrained, but I've been to Paris and NY so I think I will eventually need those. And I definitely *need* to go to London so I can earn the right to get that ornie -- the pigeon is just too cute!
So let's review Friday's hopeful list (come on, you know you could use a laugh):
- Ethel progress -- those 3 small baskets and some sky
- 1 basket and some sky.... reasonable all things considered
- Mr. Engineer -- figure out new stitch for the pants
- Yes! Sorry I lack for picture on this. I don't know where my brain was. 4 books and a half-hour of flipping and debating had me settling on the corduroy stitch.....duh! Why didn't I find that earlier????
- progress on Boothy -- this should not be so difficult dang it
- Got it out. Looked at it. Put in back in the back and shoved it to the end of the bed.
- a finish
- Ha! Don't make me laugh. Somewhere after Father Brown and in the midst of the ACMs I hauled out the Big Tree with finishing in my mind... yeah, like that was going to happen at that time of night.
- 2 books completed
- Uh, no. Someone forgot that not only did she have F1 in Bahrain (her personal fav track) but she also had an entire day of NHL playoffs and a non-existent Saturday due to working at the shop followed by an entire evening birthday fest for a friend (which involved a significant quantity of negrones and a dirty martini and, consequently, a difficultly waking up on Sunday)
- something actually cooked... in my kitchen!
- Oh that's a real howler.
- the dang pots back in the one cupboard I have in Maison d'Hovel's kitchen (the stovetop is looking like the leaning tower of cookware)
- Maybe Wednesday (not tonight or tomorrow -- those are The Voice/Top Gear nights)
- winter clothes tucked away (rather than blocking my path to the closet of spring-appropriate choices)
- Kinda. I hung up or dumped into the laundry everything on the top of the pile. Taht's a step, right?
- progress on putting stash in some reasonably "away" place (Much as I love my stash I really don't need immediate access to it so it ought to get out of the way!)
- Uh, no.
- books on shelves ( love them too.... and don't have nearly enough shelf space, but they too need to be out of the way and where I can actually ind them)
- Nope. Looked at them thoughtfully though.
Go have yourself a beautiful day!
Pratchett thought of the day: