Friday, May 29, 2009

Help me before I succumb to startitis

Argh... I'm itching to start something new. It's practically making me twitch. [No, I have not had any caffeine in weeks!] To combat my startitis I've pulled out a herd of stuff in progress. In the last week or so I've worked on more stuff than, well I generally work on in an entire season.

Here's where all my avoiding-the-new has gotten me-- sagas included -- you knew there had to be a saga or two, right?:

On my Quaker a la Six Mains:
5_27_2009 024
I was all wiggly with excitement to start this back in 2006. And I love it. I love the colors. I'm having fun with it. Now, here's the problem. What I had planned to edit it to include doesn't "work" for me in these colors anymore. I look at it and can't believe I ever thought it would work in these shades. I don't want to not finish this, but now I have to find something to do with it when I'm done. Crap! I'm thinking about seeing if the George Washington house charity I mentioned a while back (Yes, I know I owe you info on it, but I don't have it yet) would be able to frame it if I personalized it to go with his family. Then again-- for Washington it should be red, white, and blue, right? Sigh.

On my HiH snowman:
5_27_2009 030
The only saga is while I love stitching in Silk and Ivory I really wish I weren't xsing in it. I hate the jumbo canvas.

Oh my Beatrix Potter:
5_27_2009 006
5_27_2009 014
5_27_2009 013
Somehow this month this piece just behaved so well. Even the beads went in smoothly! Beatrix must have known I was peevish with her. Possibly it also moved quickly because I really, really wanted to get to a big patch of stitching in the Vikki Clayton color --
5_27_2009 016
I love it. I just love that color!

And finally the dragon.
5_27_2009 028
He's made it passed this point -- I've yanked out the wrong stitches and replaced them, but trust me getting here was a love-hate battle. If you want to see the whole thing play out you can visit it at the Fantasy Stitch-along wanna join us? Just let me know. We're always happy to have new friends.

ttfn -- here's wishing all of us a very peaceful and happily productive weekend!

11 comments:

Cyn said...

Hi Ruth,

I love the colors that you are using on your Quaker a la Six Mains. What's the problem? You don't like the colors anymore or the elements? I'd continue with it and decide what to do with it later. Once finished you can take a picture and send it to them to see if they want it. If not, what about donating it locally? If all else fails, I'll take it! :-)

Beatrix Potter is beautiful!

What size canvas/linen are you using with Silk and Ivory? I love that thread but I'm not sure how it would work on even very large linen... Hmmm...

The dragon is starting to look like a dragon. Maybe if you finish his face he'll start to behave. LOL!

Thanks for sharing all of your recent progress.

As far as Startitis, I only fight it for so long and then I give in so it stops! LOL!!!

Right now I just wish I had time to work on something! :-)

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

Karen said...

your wip's look great girl! but i really can't help you with the startitis because i ALWAYS have a really bad case of it! LOL I am really trying to work on my WIP's though, since i have over 30 of them. OY!But Michele keeps reminding me that i need to finish some of the WIP's too so she is trying to keep me line, try Michele for the help! LOL

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Ok, I am about to review all of my own projects "in progress" this weekend, so I can't be to rough on you. Beatrix and the Dragon are both looking great, now that the Dragon is on track again it will be fun to stitch. About the other two why not consider letting one or the other go, wait, no, no, no, I really didn't say that. I am not sure I can do it either and I have many more in progress and some are very, very old. So I am no help, sorry. CJ ok;-)

Carolyn NC said...

Ok - go for it! Life is short - what does it really hurt if you start another piece? It'll be a nice reward for all the lovely stitching you've done this time! :)

Siobhán said...

I think they are ALL lovely!! But you know, if you get the hankerin' to start on something new, I say go for it. If you go stash diving & find something, that is to be commended, right??

Mel said...

Your projects are all so lovely. I'm glad you choose to work on them instead of starting something new. Sometimes this is very hard, but it can be worth it when you get a finish!

Sally said...

Lovely stitching Ruth. You have gorgeous pieces on the go.

Jane said...

Startitis! I love it! And waaaay too true for me. You know, you don't really own a piece until you start it. :)

I really enjoyed reading your blog and have made it a favorite.

Olga said...

Hi Ruth,
All your WIPs are pretty, you put so much of yourself in them! It's alright to have as many WIPs as you wish, it's a hobby and we must enjoy what we are doing. Besides, our taste is changing all the time, maybe one day you will be happy to continue stitching one of your WIPs again.
Happy stitching,
Olga

Sharon said...

Ruth, your projects look amazing! I love your BP!

Brigitte said...

Your projects look all so great. And why not add another great one???? Just pull out the chart that attracts you most and voilà you've got a new project, lol. It's not difficult. Promised.