Friday, November 17, 2006

The BIL Has Landed

He's on his way to pick up a car now. Did you know that LAX is busy? No, really? :)

I'm packed and ready to roll.... I think. I have enough stash so that if armageddon seals off my town I can keep stitching until FEMA gets it's act together. I have enough work with me to keep me awake for the same amount of time. Lord knows there's plenty of cleaning to do.

today I got my first "countdown to Christmas" cookie recipe from Cooking Light. A nice looking raspberry bar. I think you need a recipe a day for Christmas cookies, don't you? You can sign up at:
http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking/cookies/2006/

So, help me out here. I'm trying to think colors for my impending mystery sampler:
vierlanden mystery sampler 2006

My first thought was purple and green. Overdyed of course. All options would be overdyed! But that's what I did my Emerson in....
Twisted Threads -- To Laugh Often

Granted with that one I did medium tones of both colors and this time I'd do darker shades and not do it on green, but.....

My second inspiration was to use navy fabric and stitch in red and white. I'm still tossing that around. Then again I think white or ivory with red and blue might be nice too. But I've also been jonesing to do a piece in browns and pumpkins. Then again, someone in the group mentioned making it a rainbow sampler and that's kinda cool. I hadn't thought of that... possibly because I had it in the back of my mind to do for Jan Houtmann's "Patchwork" when I get around to ordering it. I know, I know. Enough with the ordering already! Believe me, I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! no more ordering.... until tomorrow. ;-)

No comments: