Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Keeping Me Honest

Dear gentle readers, remember all the way back to Friday and my list of doom err plans for the weekend?  Well I feel I should try for a little honest recapitulation of accomplishments:



1.  ....finish at least one and a half entire rows of roses on that darned Victorian heart
                Nope.  Got some leaves done though.
2.  ....finish an ornament for Silverlotus' 2013 Ornament SAL  (Have you joined?  You really should you know.  Come on.  I know you want to.)
                 Yes!!!!!!!!!   And it was even a year-old UFO-- 

3.  ....make some progress on another xs of my fancy
             Yes!!!!  And please, dear Lord, let it not become a year-old UFO before it's finished.
That's a Doodle -- Holiday Sprinkles to be precise

4.  ....*not* stitch so long at a time as to bruise my tailbone (which I always seem to do when left without adventures for the entire weekend)
             Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I did accomplish this.  Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!
5.  ...no longer have to hop over that silly little box in the middle of the kitchen hall (It fell off a pile 3 weeks ago and I still have yet to pick it up.  Yes, I am cognizant of the fact that I am pathetic.  Thanks for noticing.)
              Yup.  Box no longer in middle of aisle.  Now it's on the top of a pile.  Baby steps, people.  baby steps.
6.  ...have an empty laundry bin... and an empty rocking chair (where the clean laundry frequently lives when hanging it up seems like way too much work).... and a lack of piles in front of the closet (where the clean laundry goes when the rocking chair is overfull)
             Yes sir.  Major accomplishment here--  6 loads of laundry all done and put as away as they can get.
7.  ...while doing the above, finishing 2 audio books -- Glock  and Shards of Honor, and get the vast majority of the way through Design for Murder which is due on Tuesday.
              Yes, well sort of.  Finished Glock.  Finished Design for Murder.  Read the end of Shards of Honor to make sure I was going to be pleased with it.  I was, now having a hard time facing the middle of it.  How do you do this, So Many Books?????  For the record, it's not like I didn't know how this book had to end.  Sheesh, it's a 20-ish book series.  I *knew* how it had to come out, just not, well, *how* it came out.  Sigh.  So instead of finishing Shards, I started Christie's Three Act Tragedy.
8.  ...have NOT spent all weekend "cleaning" my stash (aka fondling it and leaving it out in the way... like always)
               Success!   I am so proud that I did NOT play stash fondler all weekend!
9.  ....have not spent hours of the weekend flipping TV channels hoping something interesting will miraculously appear.
               Welllllll.  I was really successful at this on Saturday, I backslide on Sunday, and the parts of Monday I was home I did pretty well.  I'd give me a B/B- for effort.



Well, all things considered I think that was a successful wish list.  Maybe I should try it again.   I'll have to think logically about goals --- I'm to flushed with pride from my weekend victories to make reasonable ones right now.

Happy stitching!


24 comments:

Barb said...

In my opinion you did very well with your list!!! Good going!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Cute little Doodle finish and that pine cone is so great. Congrats on all your accomplishments big and small. Hey but what's wrong with a little ( or a lot) of stash fondling. CJ in OK

Carolyn NC said...

Sounds like you did amazingly well, especially if you finished and put up six loads of laundry. Congrats on a successful list completion and the stitching!

Thoeria said...

Oh you have done very very well indeed! Great stuff! Must say that I love what you've done with the ornie.....very clever!

cucki said...

wow so beautiful..well done x

Giovanna said...

Great ornaments!

Maureen said...

You should be proud of yourself. You did pretty well!

SoCal Debbie said...

Your ornaments are so cute with great finishing on the first one! I love your list of goals/accomplishments and comments. You were very successful, I'd say!

Unknown said...

Found your blog on the Ornament Exchange - what a wonderful read. Thank you for Sharing

Lynn said...

Well done on your list! I love your ornaments for the SAL.

Unknown said...

Well done! Great stitching!

Lisa said...

Great stitching finishes :-)

Elfie said...

You did well! Love the ornament - congratulation.

Shelly said...

Enjoyed your list of 'plans for the weekend'! It's always good to keep oneself honest. I may come up with my own list! Your ornaments look great!

karamino said...

Great ornaments and seems great weekend also)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yay, success!

Great stitching too.

bradmaddox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

Unknown said...

Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

Unknown said...

Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
www.hotfxearnings.com

Unknown said...

Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
www.hotfxearnings.com

Unknown said...

Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
WorldLatestVehicles.blogspot.com

MH Tofan said...

Nice post, Thanks for your very useful Information, I will bookmark for next reference, I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know, you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this.Success for you...

خدمات منزلية said...

شركة انشاء مسابح بجدة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بجدة
شركة تنظيف بجدة
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بجدة