Monday, November 21, 2011

Successful hermiting!

Apparently hermiting agrees with my character. So much and yet so little happened this weekend -- and both aspects make me happy.

I was a slug -- a true slug and a happy one at that. Until dinner Sunday nite I did not exit Chez Hovel. And **all** I did was stitch and nap (and take breaks for hummus and feta. For all fine planning I did on Friday, barely one of them saw the light of day. Instead ......

....I stitched this:
2011 11 20 001

......I stitched and finished this:
2011 11 20 007

.....And I finished these (Sure, they've been waiting for a year... but what's a year in the larger world of my slow stitching?):
2011 11 20 003
2011 11 20 004

.....And I made progress on my Oldest UFO -- the only of my Friday Plans to make the cut --
2011 11 20 012
Oh the joy of working with Silk and Colors! Such fun. I have to admit that it's rather slow going since age and a lot of scrubbing during frogging has made it rather essential to stitch based on the picture included in the kit. I consider myself lucky that it is a fairly clear picture so I can follow the more detailed sections without the help of canvas painting.

I have to admit that while I had great plans to hermit this weekend, I had also thought that I'd do some cleaning and sorting (of stash and the occaisional other pedestrian possession)-- I was going to get all my various threads sorted and put away. I was going to get my recent book purchases and gifts input into the computer and tucked away on shelves. I was going to sort out and tidy up all my misc UFOs and WIPs. I was going to sort and toss a bunch of drivel. I was going to make lemon soup. Did I ... no. I ran out of snack bags so the thread sorting stalled, I lacked eggs for the soup, and you can choose between entropy and laziness for excuses for the other non-activities.

How was your weekend? Any hermiting activities to report?

9 comments:

Joysze said...

Wow, awesome hermitting!! :D

Margaret said...

Looks like an amazing hermiting weekend! Great stitches!

Lesleyanne said...

Great finishes. Sounds like you had the perfect hermitting weekend.

Hazel said...

Ooooh great job! You got loads stitched!! Love your ornies. Xx

LindataxPA said...

I did a little hermitting - after I did some serious stashing. My LNS owner broke the bone behind her knee cap 5 weeks ago and is in a wheel-chair with her leg propped until February. Trust me - a wheelchair and a small shop are not a good match. But we all managed to find what we needed (threads and fabric) and after that, I stitched. I also got the lower level cleaned (no more cobwebs) and made a decent dinner for Sunday night. It was a good weekend (but no where near the pictures to post like you did, Ruth).

Unknown said...

I am loving your ornament!! That is another JBW I am going to have to get.

I spent the weekend at home but instead of stitching, I was baking. This is Christmas cookie baking week for me. 76 dozen cookies baked, and about 30 dozen more to go. Believe it or not, that is about half of what I used to do - just don't have the energy anymore...

Mylene said...

WOW!! Such lovely finishes!! Great job!

Marcy said...

You certainly were productive! What a great group of finishes

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love your fringing finishes!