Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dear West Publishing Group:

Go to Hell.

[Note: memo to West continues below explanatory interruption]

*************
As to why they should go there, here is an excerpt from an email they recently sent out to lawyers:

"Are you on a first name basis with the librarian?
If so, chances are, you're spending too much time at the library. What you need is fast, reliable research you can access right in your office. And all it takes is West®."
************

Why would anyone trust you? I can't even get you to stop calling and pestering me about the new Black's Law edition when I've told you 6 times so far that it was a gift and we would never be ordering another one. You repeatedly tell me you're making a note, only to call me a week later. Yeah, sounds real reliable and helpful to me.

Apologize all you want, but librarians remember things.... forever. So, may I respectfully suggest that you should pack light because I hear it's hot in Hell.

4 comments:

Kathy A. said...

lol lol lol
Nice retort!

Melody said...

You go girl!

Pumpkin said...

What I'd love to say to any telemarketer that calls ;o)

glamlawlib said...

Heh heh, had to laugh at this, it's been all over lis-law this week, the UK law librarians listserv. We are not impressed either. What were they thinking?!