Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I owe you....

.... stitching updates and stashing updates. :) Heck, I owe me some stitching, but work and cleaning has tacken precidence.

The Vierlanden mystery sampler-- a close up on the first big medallion, the look of which makes me soooo happy!
Vierlanden as of 4/20/2007
And I have so far to go:
Vierlanden-- so far to go -- 4/30/2007

My Blackbird Designs My Quaker House SAL -- with all the colors changed... of coruse!
Blackbird Designs -- My Quaker House as of 4/30/2007

The first of my M Designs class ornies.... I'm getting there!
M Designs class ornie as of 5/2/2007

My pathetic beginning on a BBD Loose Feathers "Secret Garden" -- that's navy jobelan with Weeks "Morris Blue"-- a fav color of mine :)
Blackbird Designs as of 4/30/2007

And finally a Dutch motif ornie in some dark green (really yummy, if I do say so myself) of Carrie's Creation Threads and DMC blanc
Dutch motif as of 4/30/2007

As for stash, I showed you the beads yesterday-- they are my fondest thing right now, but while home cleaning mom's house I rescued these frames from old pictures and I'm so eager to figure the perfect things to stitch for them :) Aren't they great!!! wait until you see the ones I'm bringing back with me next time!!! :)
Grandma's frames
And close ups because they are just so cool!
grandma's frame close up
grandma's frame close-up

Ok, in non-stitching news. Did you see on CNN yesterday that an economics professor from a college in Savannah, GA has rooked his school and a bunch of people out of millions of dollars in an investment scam. He hooked them with his website where he proported to be "Super" Investor or Economist with a cartoon of him as superman. OMG, they gave him their money. Now, guess what? The money's gone and he claims to have amnesia. You know, I just don't know what to say.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Ruth, Your Verlaaden is beautiful. Who is the designer?? I'm stitching with you in the Fair & Square Group! :))
Deb in FL\
http://lavenroseramblings.blogspot.com/

Deb said...

Hey, "Other Ruth" LOL
Yes, I would love to know more about the Verladden. My email is:
interiorsbydeb2@aol.com

Thanks! Deb

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow I lvoe that mystery sampler! The colours you're using are stunning. Love those frames!!!

Thanks for all your support through my cancer scare!