Saturday, April 07, 2007

I'm very lucky

My dear friend, Tracey sent me a great surprise. It had been quite the day at work. Actually quite the two days of fighting and fuming and pissing.... and that was just me. But I came home to a note that my manager had a package for me. Off I sailed for the office and look what joy a received!
From TraceyNYY April 2007
From TraceyNYY April 2007
She had also included some lovely threads and a beautiful card with a long letter. It was exactly what the doctor ordered. From then on the week was just fine! Thanks, Tracey, you're the best!!!!

In my excellent mood (courtesy of Tracey) I sailed forth Thursday night to pull fabric and floss for Blackbird Designs "My Quaker House," a pattern from their new book With Needle and Thread. It's supposed to look like this:
from With Needle and Thread
I, of course simply *have* to change the colors. What can I say, it's a hobby. My final choices are to work on Wichelt's hand-dyed jobelan in "Summer Sky" with Olde Willow Threads (Raspberry Ripple, Vampire Kiss, Frankenstein, Sandy Beach, Grape Soda, and Churned Butter) and Sampler Threads (Liberty and Freedom). The floss toss looks quite nice I think:
Blackbird Designs -- My Quaker House -- floss toss 4/5/2007
I'm doing this with the folks of the "Quaker Inspired" blog -- http://quakerinspired.blogspot.com/ It's the first of the group's SALs and I can hardly wait. Ok, let's be honest. I started a little. Well! I just had to see how my threads looked on the fabric. lol

_______________________
Just finished: Tony Hillerman's Hunting Badger -- excellent as usual
Currently reading: Rex Stout's Too Many Cooks and Jim Butcher's Storm Front
Sure Wish I could find: Zelazny's This Immortal ..... sigh

1 comment:

Blogger said...

If you are looking for the ultimate bitcoin exchanger, then you should use YoBit.