Tuesday, July 03, 2012

The return of Beatrix and other stories

Yes.  She's back from the Framer of Ill Repute.  She came back to me 2 weekends ago with Grandma Rose's roses, but the whole fiasco has left me less than excited-- hence the delay in posting.  She's still lovely though ....





You know, as I look at her, she really is nice.  I love the copper frame and the suede and that he decided to put spacers *under* the mat.  She really is quite a sight.  Given a year or so, the trauma of her framing may yet pass from my mind.

As one "story" comes to an end, another begins-- I have (miraculously enough) put the first stitches in the Eastern European Girls Go to the Fair piece for my buddy, So Many Books.

Can you see my big accomplishments?   There's a row of black Kreinik Rhodeses (would that more properly be Rhodesi???) around about knee level, and the black squares at the bottom are completed and the pink drips under those latter black squares are mostly in (the pink is in Fyre Werks-- my fav).

Ok.  Ok!   So that's not the greatest afternoon's progress ever seen in the Western World.  But I did also make the beginnings of a map for this piece -- which was really my starting problem.  I would get it out and dump out its bag of threads and think, "what the heck goes where?"   It was always easier to put it away and go back to work on something I knew where I stood with.  lol  I bet none of you know that feeling.
Anyway, below is the latest and greatest floss dump --

Those are only the threads for the dresses, the pig, and the grass.  I'm not certain from this pic that you get the full sparkle effect, but trust me, there's a significant quantity of shiny bits in there!  Hey, So, you don't mind sparkle, do you?  lol

Now I have to apologize, I have gotten behind on progress updates do to photographic laziness.  {I am the Queen of Entropy, you know.   Actually, I prefer the title Director of Entropic Studies --- sounds so much more academic.}  So  will do a little catching up here.

Remember that Bent Creek Noel I asked for opinions on the background "swirls" for?  Well here it is --

That's the Belle Soie Fern Frond that came to my rescue.  It ended up just the way I envisioned it-- so a success there.

I have been putting some time in on By the Bay's summer mystery SAL as well --

Yes, yes.  I'm behind on that.  Buuuut, can I at least have credit for already spotting a couple highly-likely pre-made frame options for it at The Good Framer?

My last share of the day encapsulates my stupidity.  Early last week I started Christmas-in-July exchange ornie as part of a yahoo group exchange.  Here it is...

Well, no, of course I'm only showing you that little edge of the stitching.  Duh.  It is an exchange....  I cannot spoil the surprise, now can I?   The threads you see are all fully approved, but I'm not certain about all the beads.  I don't think I will use both blues and I may not use both greens.  Oh, and I am contemplating some red Fuzzy Stuff.  The stupidity comes in when you realize that the same group hosting the exchange is also hosting a how-many-ornies-can-you-start-finish-stitching-and-FINISH-finish in July event.  So here I go and start this ornament in June.  Dang it!!!   Now I need this one done for the exchange, but I cannot count it for the challenge.  Sheesh.  I couldn't just have waited a week????  See, I'm lame.

Happy 4th to all and to all happy stitching!


11 comments:

Margaret said...

All your stitching is lovely. Your framed piece looks great -- hopefully the trauma behind that framer will pass from your mind so you can enjoy.

Karen said...

Your framed is beautiful... so glad you can enjoy it! Just remember...every stitch counts so your progress looks great.

happy stitching...

Thoeria said...

Oh Beatrix looks just gorgeous...despite the ruckus caused by The Incompetent Framer.So many beauties on this update! LOL - you were more of an eager beaver than a musing badger to get the ornie started!

Hazel said...

Wow the framing looks stunning! Alll your other wips look great too. x

Giovanna said...

BP is beautiful! And i love that ornament too, so cute.

Unknown said...

Beatrix is fantastic! I look at all the cool fibers for you projects and just start drooling....

so many books said...

Holy moley, Ruth! That Beatrix is absolutely stunning. The frame is perfect and the overall effect inspired!

so many books said...

Did you know Musing Badger also has a UK address? http://musingbadger.blogspot.co.uk/

Terri M said...

She's gorgeous! I hope the bad feelings ebb sooner rather than later, and you can really enjoy her. She's a beauty.

Veronica said...

The frame is gorgeous. I'm sure the trauma that you've experience will go away soon :)

That is a lot of sparklies! Pretty WiPs you've got there.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Lovely framing now that the drama is over