If you were lucky enough to have just had a three-day weekend, I hope it was as nice as mine. I enjoyed splendid adventures in:
1. pottery painting with a 7-year-old (I'll have to show pictures later because it's a secret from everybody in the whole world.... shhhhh. The only thing not covered by my confidentiality agreement with said 7-year-old is that we had lots and lots and lots of fun.);
2. stitching with the Country Club ladies (my little needlepoint society has decided we're a country club because we can't imagine a more perfect social day than one spent stitching. I would also say that the dues are far more reasonable than at a club with a golf course and tennis pros, but I'm not sure that's true by the time we thread up a canvas.);
3. game night with some old and some new friends -- much fun was had by all in several spirited rounds of Scattergories (Did you know that all you need to do to send an enitre room of reasonably responsible adults into gales of hysteria is to suggest that an appropriate answer to a "4-letter word starting with the letter 'A'" is "About"? Yes, we all had a field day on that one.) ; and last but not least,
4. a family pool-side fest to round out the weekend (which included me being humiliated by a 13-year-old in name the state capitols).
Ultimately this weekend lead to one big epiphany for me. Namely that Mondays, even when they are really Tuesdays are a real bummer.
Apparently I was so busy having fun this weekend that I forgot how many updates I owe you! Silly me.
I can report some reecnt finishing--
This little guy had gone to meet the finisher. He's floss and Fyre Werks and downright adorable... imho.
The major push in my needles' lives has been the evolution of the sand dollar. From this on August 16th:
To this on the 27th:
To this on the 31st:
And finally this on the 4th:
Since I wanted to preserve the shape of the dollar, I added a little "dotted swiss" ocean around it in floss and Fyre Werks. Somehow over the course of the next 3 weeks I need to finish the ocean around both halves so it can go to finishing land. ... fingers crossed.
In between all the cream and blue, BBD's Summer has seen a little of the light of day --
Which is a good thing too since I think Amy's ready to send me the next part of the pattern..... must stitch faster.... much, much faster.
Happy stitching to all and to all a good day.
1. send the sand dollar off for finishing
2. send the Richland "Joy" ornie canvas off for finishing
3. F&S Round 26
4. Pumpkin Breast cancer fund ornament
5. BBD Summer completed and part 2 started
6. progress on Sundance's Ladies Day
7. progress on Tsunami Sampler
8. progress on Beatrix POtter (let's say 2 motifs, shall we)
9. progress on TOS (3 sections at least)
10. progress on Friendly ASAW (3 squares at least)
11. 4 books