Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I need to 'fess up to something.

It's an odd and overdue confession, but then again that might be the best description of me -- odd and overdue. Anyway, I'm confessing to a Christmas present from last year. My sister got me.....
2011 06 23 011
Yup. A trip to Ireland (and affliated locales). Yes, I do have a very cool sister. No, she is not up for grabs.

The reason I haven't confessed to this totally wonderful gift is because I find it daunting -- it's just too much. You know what I mean, right? Anyway, now it's July and I sort of need to start figuring out where I'd like to go. Ok, I have to admit to smiling while I type this so maybe the "freaked out" stage has passed into the "excited" one.

So, dearest British Isles friends, do you have suggestions? I know I want to go to Giant's Causeway, and I'd like to go some museums. I do not care a single fig if I kiss the Blarney Stone.

On the stitchy front I haven't been up to much. I've been working on the first of a series of surprises. All I can show you for now is--
2011 06 19 023
That's all for a few months. Sorry.

Part of why I haven't stitched much is it's turned warmer. It's hard to get enthused about extra bright lights and fabric all over your lap when your hovel ranges around 80 degrees when you get home. Another part which kept me from stitching all of last weekend was this lovely young lady --
2011 06 26 130
That's Ari messing around with my camera and having a blast the day after her Bat Mitzvah. She rocked! I claim her as a niece even though she's really the niece of my best friend. So leading up to the Big Day there was dress shopping to do and then all weekend was out for celebrating. And, Ari, don't be offended, I'd give up a weekend's stitching for partying with you any time!

See ya'll later. Happy stitching -- here's hoping your staying cool.

6 comments:

valerie said...

How exciting! I'd love a trip to Europe but the planning part is daunting, isn't it!

Congrats to Ari! She is cute...I love her freckles and reddish hair.

Deb said...

Oh, how exciting for you! A trip to Europe would be fantastic. My son is in Spain and I'm so envious. You're going to have a wonderful time.

And love Ari freckles and hair. She's a doll!

Margaret said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Cute "niece." Congrats to her on the bat mitzvah! And the trip!!! Lucky you!!!!!

Karen said...

We took a CIE tour to Scotland and Ireland last October and the best time. For a tour group, we had a great bunch and the accommodations were nice at each location. Can't wait to see where you choose to go!

lanybleu said...

If you like Dolphins, a trip to Dingle Bay and a trip out to see Fungi is a must see. A beautiful place. I can understand why you wouldnt want to kiss the Blarney Stone, looks dam dangerous to me ;-)

cottasofia said...

I cant think of any product I BOUGHT because of her but I sampled the amazing cosmetics concealer in Sephira and it just caked on me.
_______
Murano Glass