Friday, September 27, 2013

One Weekend, Eight Finishes -- No Lie!

I have owed you this report for a couple weeks now.  What can I say -- life has been nuts... and it is hay fever season.  Really?  Did I need this?  What, was Kleenix loosing market share or something?

Anyway, two weekends ago I sat my fanny down in Chez Hovel, turned off the TV, turned on the audio books, hunted up all those little things that needed just a little effort to finish (nope, I have no idea why I could not have done this sooner), and settled myself in to be accomplishful.  'Lo and behold I was!  In spades!

Here is Blackbird Designs -- Spring House.   Colors changes, of course.  It will be an ornie.


Doodles -- Holiday Sprinkles -- I bet you can guess it will be an ornie.

Brittercup -- Christmas Pup -- colors changed as per usual (Hey, So Many Books -- do you think you will be surprised when you get it?)

I can't remember at the moment who the designer is on this, but I seem to recall it is called Fat Dog -- on ornie (yes, So, that's your Luke!)

Bent Creek's Snowman House -- this is a Zipper kit which I just ignored the nasty, giant burlap fabric they think I ought to do it on

Sampler Girl -- Hope Perches -- sorry for the wrinkles.   I did iron it before I sent it off to the finisher's to be put in a box.


My ANG class patriotic heart  -- in Splendor, Kreinik, and beads


Princess and Me -- Biker ornie -- a medley of floss, Silk Lame Braid, Neon Rays, Fyre Werks, Needle Necessities (I had some old skeins hanging around), and Sparkle Rays.  This guy will have a partner soon  .... I hope.


So all of those in one weekend (Saturday morning through Sunday lights out).  I think I also finished 2.5 or 3 audio books that weekend too.  Yes, as a matter of fact I am still smugly proud.

I know my productivity won't last -- after all, I'm nearly out of things that are close to being done, and I just found out that once again my office team is moving so I will lack all motivation and energy until we are settled again.  But they have succeeded in breaking me down -- 6 moves in 3 years and instead of being worried about everything and freaking out about getting ready I am so blase about it all.  Whatever-- that's my office word on the move.... Whatever.

Here's to productive and peaceful weekends for you all.

6 comments:

cucki said...

Wow they all so sweet..well done
Hugs x

llknbillburg said...

WOW! Talk about getting it done!! You must really have a great sense of accomplishment! Congrats on ALL of your finishes! Laura

Brigitte said...

I'm impressed, Ruth. Great job.

Mii Stitch said...

Impressive! Well done :)

so many books said...

The tail is a little short, but the girth is spot on! (sorry, Luke)

Shebafudge said...

Wow! Fantastic number of finishes and they all look gorgeous!