Dear Patient Readers (such of you that remain) – I may have been reenergized. Somewhere last summer I lost my stitching compulsion. It seemed to get replaced with a napping and/or reading compulsion. I’m not positive it’s back, but I did feel some tingling urges for needles and thread yesterday when I ran across Claudette's 2013 Turtle Trot challenge (how appropriate for a Pratchett fan?!?!?!?!!!). I’m starting it late (story of my life), but I’m joining! Yes, dear reader, you did hear a latent “dang it!” in that statement of joining.
The Turtle Trot calls for me to:
1. Pick 13 unfinished projects. -- Check. [boy do I have that covered]
2. Take a picture of them. – Ok – mostly I’ve got that.
3. Post said pictures/list of the Turtle Trot projects. – See below.
4. Repost Progress on them by the 13th of each month. Ok. I might could do that.
So, here goes. My Turtle Trot 2013 project list is:
1. Victorian Heart (needlepoint). Sorry, no picture. I think this helped bring on the lack of stitching drive in the first place.
2. Lanarte’s -- Arabian Woman. I just love this and it deserves to be done.
3. Sundance’s – powwow shawl dancer (needlepoint). I’ve made it passed most of the hated Kreinik now. I should be good on this.
4. Ewe and Eye and Friends – Rose City Stitchers. This piece calls to me… apparently not too loudly though.
5. Tish’s – Ladies Day (needlepoint). Soooo close. So very, very close. If only I’d stop picking stitches that need three needles working at once.
6. ByGone Stitches – One Nation. I think once I make it to the letters this piece will seem to go faster. Those stars feel like they take an eternity to do.
7. Princess and Me’s – Golden Gate Bridge ornie (needlepoint). There really is no reason this shouldn’t be done already.
8. Quaker a la Six Mains – Just because the colors no longer speak to me is no reason to quit so close to completion!
9. Labors of Love’s – cocoa cup (needlepoint). I just need to keep reminding myself that this dimensional piece will be so cute.
10. Blackbird Designs’ – America. I’m doing this as a memorial for my Great Uncle Ellis (and I really think it’s beautiful).
11. Liz’ – California Quail. I think I got hung up trying to figure out he feathering on the wings. I always get trapped thinking that my needlepoints need ot look/work like real critters.
12. Stitch Specialists’ -- Tree of Stitches. I’m probably a third done. Sometimes specialty stitches seem so daunting.
13. Ethel (actually from a painting called something lie Market Day at St. Remy) – I started this over the summer and I love it, but it’s soooo big.
14. I reserve the right to suddenly import one of the following to the list—I’m a mood stitcher. I can’t be expected to remain rational and focused.
Chessie and Me’s – In Virtue’s Ways. This one also called to me, but somewhere in spring I muffled its screams.
Martina Dey’s – Vierlanden mystery. Take about a BAP!
Trilogy’s – Gathering of Hearts. This really needs to get DONE!
Friendly Stitchers’ – Sampler Mystery. I let the beading slow me down.
Patriotic Heart (needlepoint). Just a few surrounding rows left. It’s too embarrassing that this isn’t done already.
Lee’s – Plume floral fan (needlepoint). I keep vacillating on how to stitch the flowers.
Any one of 12 needlepoint ornies I have started.
Any one of 20 xs ornies I have started.
That should keep me busy don't you think?
See you soon. I hope.